A woman from Utah, in the United States, experienced quite a misadventure which she recounted in a video that went viral on TikTok. The fifty-year-old simply swallowed one of her AirPods headphones which she mistook for her vitamins.
While she was walking, the lady came across a friend with whom she chatted for a while. At one point, the woman wanted to take her vitamins, but visibly distracted, she ingested one of her headphones instead.
“I took a sip of water and thought, ‘They’re stuck.’ I then drank more water and continued on my way after saying goodbye to my friend. Then I looked for my headphones and realized my vitamins were in my hand… I swallowed my AirPods!” she says.
She rushed to return home to tell her husband about her misadventure. The couple then began to find out what to do in such a situation.
After consulting with friends in the medical field, they agreed that ultimately the best thing to do was to do nothing.
“Almost all of them recommended that I let the earpiece drain naturally and not worry because the battery is airtight,” explains the lady.
However, they pointed out that the situation could have been more serious if she had swallowed both of her headphones, since the effect of the magnets together could have been harmful to her intestines.
Even though his AirPods were inside his body, they could be detected by his phone for about 24 hours. Eventually, the small device exited his body naturally and without consequence.