Cielo Rusinque, director of Social Prosperity – credit social networks of Cielo Rusinque.
After Cielo Rusinque came out to say that she would have been offered to be President Gustavo Petro’s chief of staff, senior sources from the Casa de Nariño confirmed to Infobae Colombia that this is just a rumor and that no decision has been made in this regard. .
It may interest you: Laura Sarabia will return to the Government of Gustavo Petro: confirmed “castling” with a senior official
It must be remembered that after the departure of Laura Sarabia from the position, on May 29, it had been suggested that this position would be eliminated. What Infobae Colombia was able to confirm is that the appointment of Laura Sarabia in the Department of Social Prosperity is a fact.
Now you can follow us on our WhatsApp Channel and on Google News.
It may interest you: Laura Sarabia’s salary was raised after the scandal: this is what she will earn in her new position at Social Prosperity
According to information from RCN Radio, Rusinque would have met on August 29 with President Petro in the Palace. This meeting would have lasted about an hour and she would have been notified that she would not be appointed as Chief of Staff. In the Presidency, it would have caused annoyance if Rusinque went out to give statements to the media before her appointment was confirmed.
And it is that Rusinque on the morning of August 29, in dialogue with Blu Radio, assured that he was waiting for that decision to materialize:
“I will be close to the president, as has been said since yesterday, I saw that the news came out through some media. We are awaiting the materialization of that decision. I will be accompanying him, yes, managing the agenda and, well, whatever the obligations or tasks that he has and we are waiting for that to materialize in principle, I understand it will be this week “
On W Radio he said that the director of the Administrative Department of the Presidency (Dapre), Carlos Ramón González, was the first to present him with the possibility of being the president’s chief of staff and that the latter would have confirmed it:
“This possibility was presented to me, first by the director of Dapre, Carlos Ramón González, and then President Petro confirmed this possibility to me. He tells me that I will be close to him, handling the items on his agenda ”
According to information from Cambio magazine, the president’s close circle, both in the Palace and in Congress, did not like the possible appointment of Rusinque as chief of staff.
It may interest you: She is Cielo Rusinque, Gustavo Petro’s new chief of staff: she will take Laura Sarabia’s position
A congressman from the Historical Pact, of whom the magazine did not reveal his name, said that it seemed difficult for him to see her in this position: “Cielo is an excellent official but seeing her as chief of staff is difficult, it is a position to reconcile and suddenly that costs”. While a congressman from the U Party told Cambio that there is “mistrust of Rusinque because of her activism.”
Infobae Colombia tried to contact Rusinque and his press team without success. At the close of this note, on X (formerly Twitter) the last post she made was at 12:13 pm on August 29, congratulating Sarabia, who will replace her as director of the Department of Social Prosperity:
“I want to congratulate Laura Sarabia on her appointment to the Department of Social Prosperity, I know she will do an excellent job because she is a capable, brilliant and committed woman. Forward!”
The last publication that Rusinque has made on social networks was congratulating Laura Sarabia, who will replace her in the Department of Social Prosperity – credit @cielo_rusinque/X
What is a fact, as high-ranking sources from Casa de Nariño confirmed to Infobae Colombia, is the appointment of Laura Sarabia as director of the Department of Social Prosperity and despite the fact that this did not go down well with different sectors of public opinion, her lawyer Jorge Mario Gómez said that Sarabia has no impediment to hold a new position in the national government.
Through a statement published on the night of Monday, August 28, the criminal defendant maintained that the presumption of innocence of his attorney “remains intact” and that despite the investigations carried out by the Prosecutor’s Office for the illegal interceptions of two of his former employees (including Marelbys Meza) and the theft of a suitcase with money from his apartment, he has the power to hold institutional positions.