The victim was identified as Ricardo Martínez (Photo: Infocielo)
The Oral Criminal Court (TOC) No. 3 of La Matanza sentenced a man to life imprisonment for having beaten his father to death, as a result of an argument for not having given him a sum of money that he had received from the Income plan Family Emergency (IFE). When he was a teenager, the defendant had been sentenced in 2016 to 8 years in prison for having killed his son.
Judges Matías Mariano Deane, Raúl Fernando Elhart and Gerardo Gayol ruled out the hypothesis that the defendant’s lawyer had presented after assuring that the death of Luis Ricardo Martínez’s father (27) had been the product of an act in legitimate defense. Previously, the prosecutor Alfredo Luppino had accused the young man of having been the author of the act.
Backed by the results of the post-mortem examinations, the jury argued that “the autopsy, given its objective and expert nature, completely contradicts the excuse rehearsed by Martínez in material exercise of his right of defense.” For this reason, the defendant was found guilty of the crime of “homicide aggravated by the relationship.”
According to information from Télam, the crime occurred on July 10, 2020 at the victim’s home, identified as Ricardo Martínez, located at 200 Charlone Street, in the town of La Tablada, belonging to the La Matanza district. . The murderer had arrived at the place to have dinner with his father, but a fight led to a beating attack that caused his death.
It may interest you: The background of the 15 and 19-year-old suspects accused of the crime of Aldo Bonzi’s neighbor
Despite the fact that the son of the murdered man declared that his father was drunk, when he began to recriminate him about things from the past and push him, the judges considered that the testimony had no scientific support, since the fall that the deceased would have had in the scene, where he had supposedly tried to kill him, did not match the injuries on the corpse.
“This version, on which the Defense’s acquittal position is based, is not, as said, supported by any concrete evidence,” Judge Deane argued when doubting about the alleged injuries that the murderer claimed to have had, as a result of an apparent attack with a fragment of a wooden door on the property that would have been broken in the middle of the confrontation. “The assaults that the defendant said he had received on that occasion were not medically verified,” he said.
“What has been verified, in the autopsy, is a considerable number of injuries that do not correspond to Martínez Jr.’s attempt to get rid of his attacker, much less with a single fall from him,” the magistrate filed. , after it was exposed that the body tests determined that he had severe neurological damage that was caused by blows to the head, chest and arms.
At the beginning of the criminal proceedings, the defendant had offered a completely different statement from the one he presented in court, because he assured that he had gone to his father’s house because he did not answer his calls and found him lifeless inside. . However, two days later he confessed that they had had an argument over dinner.
The Oral Criminal Court No. 3 of La Matanza was in charge of the trial against Martínez
While the defendant did not reveal the reason that would have led him to attack the victim with such violence, the investigators hypothesized that it had been for about 90,000 pesos that the man had collected from the IFE and that he did not want to hand them over. which would have unleashed the wrath of the condemned man.
On the other hand, the court not only supported the decision based on the results of the expert tests that ruled that there was only one aggressor, since they also took into account the testimony of a neighbor who heard: “Two voices, one exasperated that demanded a telephone and the other a key and alluded to a past event in which he would have already ‘broken his head’, and another pleading voice that said they were going to kill him”.
Previously, the young man had been sentenced to 8 years in prison for having been recognized as a co-perpetrator of his son’s “aggravated homicide” since he was accused, along with his partner, of mistreating the child to the point of death. in 2012. As both were minors, at that time, the Oral Criminal Court (TOC) No. 2 dismissed penalizing them with life sentences. The minor’s mother, for her part, received a 4-year sentence.
Violence in Rosario: hitmen fired shots for three blocks and killed a young manTrial for the crime of Lucas González: the last witnesses testify before the allegations