An elderly person in Jiangsu Province, China, reportedly accidentally lit firework sticks that she believed to be incense inside her home.
According to local media, the elderly lady set fire to the sticks found inside her home when she saw that she had run out of incense. The latter would have been left behind by his grandchildren following the Chinese New Year celebrations.
In the images from a surveillance camera located inside her home and shared by the Belgian media 7sur7, we can see the elderly lady trying to light three sticks using a candle.
Immediately, one of them begins to propel sparks, on a regular rhythm, in the housing.
Fortunately, all’s well that ends well: the elderly lady does not seem to have been injured and the festive pyrotechnic sticks did not cause a fire.