Oregano has multiple health benefits Photo: Getty Images
The plant in question is oregano, which is also known as orenga or wild marjoram, it is an aromatic plant that is used in gastronomy and medicine. It belongs to the Lamiaceae family and its leaves are oval and dark green in color, which give off an intense odor.
What is the herb that is used to combat coughs, according to experts
In Mexico there is a wide variety of medicinal plants for various diseases, but there is a flower that helps with a dry cough and clears the airways
Oregano can be grown under warm conditions in gardens, orchards, and indoors in containers. In the kitchen, its dried leaves are used as a spice to season meat, fish, poultry, sauces, salads, pasta, pizzas and broths. It is also one of the most essential ingredients to flavor pozole, one of the most traditional dishes in Mexico, where this herb is mainly used for gastronomic purposes.
Within its medicinal properties, it has a high content of minerals and acids, which help to reduce headaches, stomach, throat, joints and toothaches, it also helps to prevent heart, digestive and constipation problems, and also relieves the discomfort of the cough, asthma and colds.
This herb is mainly used in gastronomy Photo: Getty Images
On the other hand, it also stands out for having great economic potential and significant international demand, thanks to its uses in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry. In addition, in Mexico the production of oregano exceeds 80 tons.
– Improves the cardiovascular system: helps improve heart function, thanks to its potassium content it manages to keep blood pressure under control. The frequency of the heartbeat is also regulated due to said component.
Where does the name of the holy grass come from and what are its properties?
This plant of pre-Hispanic origin, has various uses in Mexican cuisine and in curative home remedies due to the various contributions it has.
– Relieves rhinitis and sinusitis: since oregano serves as an antihistamine, in such a way that people suffering from diseases such as those mentioned above can be helped with an infusion of said plant.
Within medicine, oregano helps to benefit health Photo: Getty Images
– Protects against bacteria: Origanum vulgare works as an antibiotic, for this reason it is possible to completely eliminate both the appearance of bacteria and the diseases they produce.
To give 110%: this is how the tests are for young people who want to be part of the Sedena
The Secretary of National Defense opened the call for its different schools, for which Infobae México witnessed the effort of those who want to enter
– Take care of the skin: one of the reasons why the skin loses its health is due to the natural oxidation suffered by the human body, but oregano acts as an antioxidant and helps maintain the regeneration capacity of the skin, allowing skin to shine. fury.
– Strengthens the bones: due to its concentration of vitamin K, calcium and iron the bone structure is strengthened, it is also recommended for those people with a tendency to osteoporosis and similar diseases.
In order to prepare an oregano tea, one liter of water must be boiled and add a handful of clean leaves, they can be dry or fresh, then let it boil for ten minutes, remove the water from the heat and let it rest for five minutes, finally the leaves will have to be removed and served, the infusion can be sweetened to taste with honey, sugar or a sugar substitute.
Its infusion is simple to prepare Photo: Getty Images
The nutritional value that it has per 100 grams is:
– Fats: just over 10 grams.
– Proteins: 11 grams.
– Calcium: 0.15 grams.
– Sodium: 0.15 grams.
– Potassium: 16 grams.
– Magnesium: 2.70 grams.
– Phosphorus: 2 grams.
– Zinc: 0.44 grams.
– Vitamins: A, E, B1 and B2.
Despite the fact that its use does not require any additional chemicals, oregano does not represent any type of health risk, however, traditional doctors do not recommend the use of its oil in the following people:
– Pregnant women: since its concentration could affect the baby.
– Infants: due to the power of this presentation, it is advisable not to use it.
Leave a Reply