An attack with explosive devices was reported on the La Mata-La Gloria road in the south of the department of Cesar. (Senator Didier Lobo Chinchilla)
Around 3 in the afternoon on Thursday, February 9, an attack with explosive devices was reported against a police patrol that was mobilizing on the La Mata-La Gloria highway, in the south of the department of Cesar, where a uniformed man was injured.
Detainee denounced having been mistreated by the Police and then retracted: what really happened
The authorities of the municipality of Aguachica published it on their social networks
The attack was reported at kilometer 15 of the aforementioned road corridor and the person affected was part of the Special Hydrocarbons Operations Group, who was shot at chest height, for which he had to be immediately transferred to the health center of the municipality of Aguachica, reported in the regional newspaper El Heraldo.
“When they were traveling in an institutional vehicle, they were attacked with an explosive device and rifle bursts as the truck in which six units were traveling passed by,” the authorities reported in the Barranquilla newspaper.
They report a massacre in Soledad (Atlántico) where three people were murdered
Apparently the triple homicide was perpetrated as retaliation between gangs dedicated to micro-trafficking in the metropolitan area of Barranquilla
Meanwhile, the RCN Radio station consulted with Jorge Eliécer Toro Rodríguez, mayor of La Gloria, who confirmed the attack against the Public Force.
“Between the La Gloria road to the La Mata corregimiento, exactly on the El Mico bridge, there was an explosion at the moment a hydrocarbon police patrol was passing, leaving an agent injured; The authorities are in the place checking if there are other explosive devices”, the municipal president indicated on the radio.
Two social leaders are assassinated in the first week of February 2023
The crimes were perpetrated in Córdoba and Norte de Santander. In one of the cases, the social leader had been robbed of the vehicle assigned to him by the National Protection Unit (UNP).
Toro added that in view of what happened, a meeting will be held with the authorities to analyze the public order situation and what security measures they will implement in the area.
“A security council will be held with the authorities to take preventive measures and strengthen and encourage the community to provide information to find those responsible for this event,” he said.
The station also detailed that the ELN has historically committed crimes in the region and that last year, in July, an armed harassment had been reported against the Police substation of the township of La Mata, in which two uniformed men and a a civilian who was visiting detainees.
In other news about the department of Cesar, the National Police denied the video that was being broadcast about an alleged injury of a prisoner at a station in the municipality of Aguachica.
The Citizen Security Operation Commander, Major Rafael Herrera, affirmed that the person who recorded the images acknowledged that they do not belong to reality. “With the accompaniment of the Public Ministry, the National Police will carry out the corresponding actions, taking into account that the dissemination of false information through social networks carries legal and criminal consequences,” he said.
In addition, Major Herrera pointed out that ruling T-847 of 2000 indicates that in police units there cannot be more than 36 hours of capture, it is unconstitutional.
For his part, the detainee also clarified the previous situation: “I appear as physically mistreated, in which I appear with some blows and irresponsibly naming Captain Bernal and Sergeant Sandoval that they had caused me the blows. Here I am to retract it, ”he confirmed.
“I did it in protest, to get the attention of the media, so that they come closer and realize that the police have nothing to do with what they are doing,” added the prisoner during his statement.
Health reform: Gustavo Petro agreed that the EPS will not be eliminatedColombia and Brazil did not harm each other in the entire South American sub-20 tournament, but they qualified for the World Cup and the Pan American GamesSamuel Moreno Rojas arrived at the Military Hospital without vital signs: the medical report points to a acute myocardial infarction
Leave a Reply