The Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA) warns against the toxic substance methanol that is contained in the windshield washer fluid of manufacturer Mullrose. The substance may be harmful if it comes into contact with the skin or if inhaled.
According to Mullrose, the windshield washer fluid contained an excessive amount of methanol. Ingestion, inhalation, or contact with the skin of this chemical can cause organ damage.
The manufacturer therefore asks consumers to stop using this antifreeze product. It concerns the Mullrose Windshield washer fluid Winter 5 liters -15 and -20 degrees. The window fluid is sold in various web shops.
According to Mullrose, people who have already bought the product can return it to the point of sale and get their money back.
Methanol is a colorless, flammable and explosive liquid. It is a commonly used raw material in the chemical industry. In addition, it is used as a fuel, solvent and antifreeze, among other things.
Leave a Reply