Photo: Luciano González
The deputies of the Frente de Todos (FdT) formally presented today the project that proposes to initiate the impeachment of the Supreme Court of Justice, promoted by President Alberto Fernández and governors, which the Executive Branch included in the call for extraordinary sessions of Congress.
The initiative was presented in the last few hours by the pro-government deputy, Eduardo Valdés, along with other FDT legislators, and consists of 410 pages containing the arguments and facts that, in the Government’s opinion, justify the removal of the magistrates.
The project proposes summoning in the first place to testify the four judges of the highest court: Horacio Rosatti -its president-, Carlos Rosenkrantz, Juan Carlos Maqueda and Ricardo Lorenzetti, so that they appear before the Political Judgment Commission of the Lower House, which will carry out the investigation for the reasons established in the procedure provided for in article 53.
In addition, there will be at least 44 summonses in the procedure, including officials directly linked to the accusation against the Supreme Court, and references from different sectors that aim to support the official position. In some cases, organizations and employees appear that are part of the organization chart of the highest court, so the testimonies could reach a higher number than expected.
1) Mr. Silvio Robles.
Adviser and right hand of the president of the Supreme Court, Horacio Rosatti
2) Dr. Marcelo D’Allesandro.
Minister of Security of the City of Buenos Aires on leave.
3) Lic. Damian Loretti.
Lawyer and PhD in Information Sciences.
4) Axel Kicillof (governor of Buenos Aires)
5) Raúl Jalil (governor of Catamarca)
6) Jorge Capitanich (governor of Chaco)
7) Mariano Arcioni (Governor of Chubut)
8) Gildo Insfrán (governor of Formosa)
9) Sergio Ziliotto (governor of La Pampa)
10) Ricardo Quintela (governor of La Rioja)
11) Alicia Kirchner (governor of Santa Cruz)
12) Gerardo Zamora (governor of Santiago del Estero)
13) Gustavo Melella (Governor of Tierra del Fuego)
14) Osvaldo Jaldo (governor of Tucumán)
Officials of the Executive Power
15) Carlos Zannini
16) Edward of Peter
17) Dr. Eugenio Zafaroni.
18) Dr. Andres Gil Dominguez.
19) Dr. Baltazar Garzón.
Supreme Court Officials
20) To the members of the Horacio Rosatti Board of Directors.
21) All the Directors, Secretaries, Functions and/or employees of the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation “who have had intervention and/or could provide data of interest regarding the facts denounced”.
Human rights organizations
22) Grandmothers of Plaza de Mayo
23) Mothers of Plaza de Mayo Founding Line
24) SONS National Network
25) H.I.J.O.S. Capital
26) Relatives of Detainees Disappeared for Political Reasons
27) CELS Center for Legal and Social Studies
28) Permanent Assembly for Human Rights
29) North Zone Truth and Justice Memory Commission
30) Argentine League for Human Rights
31) Ecumenical Movement for Human Rights
32) Historical and Social Memory Foundation of Argentina
33) Good Memory Association
34) Relatives and Companions of the 12 of the Holy Cross
35) Permanent Assembly for Human Rights La Matanza
36) Cpn. Hector Daniel Marchi.
37) Lic. Joaquin D. Alperovich.
38) Cpn. Carmen Maria Odasso.
39) Dr. Sebastian Clerici.
40) Dr. Enrique de Vedia
41) Dr Enzo Canonaco
42) Dr. Maria Cristina Interlandi
43) Cpn. Oscar Fernandez.
44) Cpn. Gustavo Montanini.
Through social networks, the bloc stated: “In line with what was requested by the President and provincial governors, last night the draft resolution promoting the Political Trial of the members of the Supreme Court of Justice”.
The project has file number 6905-D-2022, and bears the signatures of national deputies Eduardo Valdés, Marisa Uceda, Marcelo Casaretto, Agustín Fernández, Julio Pereyra, Varinia Marín, Mabel Caparrós, Bernardo Herrera, Silvana Ginocchio, Gustavo González, Graciela Parola, Ricardo Herrera, Aldo Leiva, Blanca Osuna and Mara Brawer.
The project, which entered Parliament last night, could be dealt with during the extraordinary session that will run from January 23 to February 28, according to Decree 17/2023.
The ruling party in Deputies formalized the request for impeachment to the Court:
Leave a Reply