A five year old Australian boy he survived a python the size of a small car that bit him, constricted him and dragged him into a swimming pool.
The boy, named Beau, was playing on the edge of the pool in the city of Byron Bay, south of Brisbane (northeast), when a 3-meter-long python emerged from nearby vegetation, his father Ben Blake explained on Friday to Radio Nine.
“I think the python was kind of waiting there for some victim, a bird or something, and in the end it was Beau,” he continued.
The snake bit the boy, dragged him into the water and coiled around his leg. Quickly the 76-year-old grandfather jumped into the pool and pulled out his grandson, with the python still attached.
Then the father intervened to uncoil the snake and try to calm the situationno. “I’m not a little kid, I released it in 15 or 20 seconds,” she explained to the radio.
As explained by Ben Blake, his son was recovering well: “Once we cleaned the blood and I told him that he was not going to die because it was not a poisonous snake, he was quite good.”
Although describing the event as “sort of an ordeal”, Blake also seemed unimpressed by the attack, saying snakes are commonplace in this popular tourist destination and surfing mecca an eight-hour drive from Sydney.
“Oh look! This is where we live. This is Australia.”he claimed.
Get the latest news in your email
Everything you need to know to start your day
Registering implies accepting the Terms and Conditions