In August 2021, the Responsible Verification program started in Jalisco in order to check that the automobiles that circulate in the Metropolitan Area of Guadalajara comply with what is necessary to avoid the emission of pollutants into the atmosphere.
In July 2022 they will begin to fine those who haven’t checked out their car yet. For this, there will be preventive operations with antenna detection systems. With this, people who have already had their badge and who have not verified will be arrested.
At the moment only 5% of all vehicles have been verified in this first cycle.
How to do vehicle verification?
Here are the steps to carry out vehicle verification in Jalisco:
1. Enter the website: https://verificacionresponsable.jalisco.gob.mx/
2. Select option Make your appointment.
3. Select the nearest Responsible Verification Center, or search on the interactive map. In case of Heavy vehiclesmake sure that the center attends to this type of vehicle.
4. Login owner’s details of the vehicle, add the data of the car to verify, and select the date and time.
5. Make the payment: Responsible Verification within the period assigned in the calendar.
6. After making the corresponding payment, confirmation will arrive at the registration email of the appointment. You must go at the time of the appointment with proof of payment and circulation card.
Recommendations before going to the appointment
1. Perform maintenance in advance physical-mechanical of your vehicle.
2. Make your appointment and pay.
3. Introduce yourself 15 minutes before of your date
4. Bring your circulation card or insurance policy.
When you go to the Verification Center
• Take your vehicle cleansed.
• Avoid leaving valuable items and other belongings inside your vehicle.
• Remain in the waiting room during the process, this will not take more than 20 minutes.
• Withdraw after receiving your results to avoid saturating the maneuvering yard.
The head of the Ministry of the Environment and Territorial Development (Semadet), Sergio Graf, pointed out that they have just over 50 verification lines that will increase to 80 by the end of the year. However, there is a delay in the number of lines, since 105 lines had been promised for the first quarter of the year.
500 pesos: Verification within the calendar
550 pesos: Extemporaneous verification outside the period assigned in the calendar
100 pesos: Reprint due to theft or loss