Eugenio Derbez questioned what AMLO said in La Mañanera this Monday, April 25
A filming in a location not specified by Eugenio Derbez was what prevented the actor from attending this Monday the meeting that he had agreed with other public figures in the National Palace with Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO).
In order to discuss section five of the Mayan Train and its ecological implications in the territory where there is a system of underground rivers and cenotes, the presidency proposed to some members of the collective save me from the train go to the National Palace; however, the meeting was canceled this Sunday the 24th through a statement issued by Jesús Ramírez Cuevas “due to the refusal of some artists to attend the National Palace.”
“Several of the guests have publicly declared that they will not attend… For this reason, public opinion is being informed that said meeting has been suspended. We invite the personalities and activists of #SélvameDelTren and those interested to visit that region of Quintana Roo and speak with residents, indigenous communities and families of ejidatarios who live along section 5 of the Mayan Train, which runs from Cancun to Tulum. , along the Riviera Maya. This way they will find out that the people were informed and consulted, ”reads the statement released last Sunday.
AMLO attacked celebrities who joined the “Sélvame el Tren” campaign against the construction of the fifth route of the Mayan Train
Given the cancellation of the meeting, the actress Azela Robinson and the environmentalist Arturo Díaz Allende expressed that “the only one” who said that he could not attend was Eugenio Derbez and they regretted the cancellation even though there are other members willing to attend a dialogue: “No it is okay to continue evading and manipulating information, a regrettable attitude,” the environmentalist wrote, citing Ramírez Cuevas’ message.
Now, after the cancellation of the meeting that personalities such as Natalia Lafourcade, Rubén Albarrán and Saúl Hernández, among others, were supposed to attend, President AMLO spoke about the issue in his usual morning conference. The head of the Executive expressed this Monday the 25th that “those who appeared on television, in the media, rejected the dialogue… They wanted us to receive real or supposed environmentalists… so the best, so that they do not use us, because It would be the last straw if the corrupt conservatives wanted to use us, the best thing would be for the Ministry of the Environment, the director of Fonatur, to take care of them”, in addition to an image showing Eugenio Derbez in the presumed inauguration of the Xcaret park.
After that, on Monday afternoon Derbez shared a video on his Twitter account where he talks about it and specifies that he canceled his participation in the meeting for work reasons, despite the fact that in recent days he had declared to the journalist Azucena Uresti that ” It doesn’t suit him because, according to his statements, the last time he gave an interview “he was banned from Televisa” and he received many death threats.
Eugenio Derbez celebrated AMLO’s invitation to dialogue with artists and environmentalists (Photos: Screenshot/YouTube)
The producer and actor, who participated in the film CODAwho won the Oscar for Best Film this 2022, expressed in the video that he could not attend the meeting for work reasons and even sarcastically offered AMLO to take photos with him and “do the voices” of his characters.
“If the president, what he wanted was a photo with me, I would have gone to the National Palace, happy with life. I go personally, take my picture, do the voice of ‘Longe Moco’; “It was horrible, it was horrible. I make him the ‘Eloy Gamenó’ “Listen no, he canceled us with 24 hours to go, the environmentalists had already paid for his plane ticket to go to Mexico City, listen no”.
Derbez stressed that he could not attend because he had already agreed on his work commitment months before: “I am making this video so that you can see that I am filming, I am on location and as you will see, I have not cut. I’m on a beach, I’m not in Mexico City… Today all of us from the ‘Sélvame del tren’ movement had a meeting with the president and they canceled it yesterday, 24 hours later, arguing that we famous people had said we weren’t going to attend, which is false because I already spoke to everyone and nobody said that I was not going to attend, the only one who said that I was not going to attend was me because I have been filming a movie for two months, I have a contract with an American studio and I have had this date set aside for two or three months,” said the actor from The P. Luche family.
Eugenio Derbez flatly denied having been part of the opening of Xcaret (Photo: Reuters)
In addition, the father of José Eduardo, Vadhir, Aislinn and Aitana Derbez flatly denied having attended the inauguration of the aforementioned park in the morning conference: “It was said in La Mañanera that I inaugurated Xcaret, no! I did not inaugurate Xcaret, there is no need to lie. That photo was from four years ago when I was hosting the Platinum Awards… Xcaret opened in 1990, in 1990 I was a baby, I didn’t have the face that I have in the photo they exhibited” he explained.
With memes, users thwarted Eugenio Derbez for refusing to meet with AMLOEugenio Derbez explained why he will not attend AMLO’s invitation to dialogueRubén Albarrán responded to AMLO’s invitation to dialogue: “He will listen to the voice of the heart of the earth”Eugenio Derbez responded to AMLO’s invitation to dialogue AMLO’s dialogue: “This is the way” AMLO branded celebrities who attacked the Mayan Train as pseudo-environmentalists: “They are fifís”