Six teenagers overdosed at a military ball in Florida, after consuming drinks in which drugs had been concealed.
• Read also: Opioid crisis: an “urgent” decriminalization of drugs called for
The students who are part of an air cadet program consumed the drinks before they began to vomit, reports the New York Post.
“They put something in the drinks,” a student told Local 10 News.
“The water at one of our tables contained drugs. People started putting drugs in there. We don’t know exactly who or how many people did it, but the young people who drank it got stoned,” said another witness to the events.
The Broward County School District said it was very concerned about the incident and said it was working with Davie police in the investigation.
One participant explained that people suddenly started throwing up at almost the same time during the evening.
“One moment we were dancing, then just after, about an hour later, the young people started to vomit”, explained the witness. Other young people felt nauseous and stuff like that. I think a girl almost had a seizure.”
If two young people were still hospitalized on Friday, the six teenagers should all come out of it without sequelae.