LONDON | Prince Charles, heir to the British Crown, has caught COVID-19 and placed himself in self-isolation, his services announced on Thursday.
• Read also: Elizabeth II resumes her activities after celebrating the 70th anniversary of her reign
• Read also: The reign of Elizabeth II in 10 key dates
This is the second time the 73-year-old prince has caught Covid. He had already suffered from the virus in March 2020, but quickly recovered.
He tested positive on Thursday, says Clarence House.
The prince was due to inaugurate a statue of 13th-century Jewish businesswoman Licoricia earlier today, and said he was “very disappointed” he could not do so, but the inauguration went ahead.
On Wednesday evening, the prince had attended a reception at the British Museum in London with his wife Camilla and many other people, including members of the government.