In Euronews Today we present the news of Thursday 25 November.
– Migratory tragedy in the English Channel where at least 27 migrants have lost their lives, and two were rescued. Four traffickers have been arrested. London and Paris call emergency meetings.
– New wavecontagion of covid in Europe. Austria and Slovakia approve a new confinament. The Netherlands imposes restrictions. And Italy forces the public sector to be vaccinated, while France accelerates the application of the booster dose.
– On Spain, the first snowfalls put the country on alert with low temperatures in the center and north of the country. Winter weather is expected to continue throughout the week.
– Ukraine Launches operation “Polesia” to prevent the entry of immigrants from Belarus.
– Pre-agreement that contemplates a salary increase of 2%, puts an end to eleven days of strike in the sector of metal in Cádiz, in the south of Spain.
– Controversial election of the new president of Interpol, Emirati General Ahmed al Raisi, criticized by NGOs as he is accused of torture.
– At International day against violence against women, we see an exhibition at the Uffizi Gallery in Florence with stories that leave a mark to change the future.
– At the end of our newsletter we will remember the five years since the death of Fidel Castro with a Cuba in which economic difficulties persist.
– Naples pays tribute to Maradona with a sculpture that resembles a Greek god. Let’s go with the headlines.
Our NO COMMENT of the day presents the moving story of Monika, the dog who walked again thanks to four titanium prostheses.
Thank you for following the international news with us.