A woman takes a photo with her cell phone of the portrait of the Salvadoran migrant Victoria Esperanza Salazar, killed by police last Saturday in Tulum, Quintana Roo (Mexico). EFE / Alonso Cupul
Today at the morning conference, the journalist Cecilia Solís intervened to talk about the 9N case, where a feminist demonstration was dispersed by police elements, with shots in the air and on the ground. On the outskirts of the local Government Palace, several protesters were injured by the detonation of bullets on November 9, 2020.
“The elements of the state police have been completely protected when there is a list that they also fired that night. Not an element a year after the police repression has been detained, they were given all the facilities so that they can protect themselves and thus be able to evade the action of justice ”, affirmed Cecilia Solís.
Faced with the journalist’s question, President Andrés Manuel López Obrador said that the corresponding authorities would take charge of the case, urging the Secretary of the Interior, Adán Augusto López Hernández to follow up on last year’s case.
“What do you think if they agree, the Secretary of the Interior Adán Augusto López Hernández is here, and they are talking right now, he is going to attend to you and in fact we were approached by relatives of disappeared persons and I told them that Lic. Rosa Icelda Rodriguez I was going to attend, so I ask both of you to take care of them in these cases and make decisions and continue helping them, you can always count on us and you have protection from us and you have to continue to persevere. ” answered the president.
On November 9, 2020 (9N) hundreds of people, mostly women belonging to feminist groups, took to the streets of Cancún, Quintana Roo to demonstrate for the femicide of Bianca Alejandrina Lorenza Alvarado “Alexis”, a 20-year-old woman from age who was reported missing and found lifeless with signs of violence on the outskirts of the city.
(Photo by PEDRO PARDO / AFP)
During the night of November 9, around eighty elements from the Benito Juárez Municipal Secretariat of Public Security and Traffic began firing into the air and the ground to break up the demonstration. Likewise, victims of that day report that municipal agents together with the National Guard perpetrated human rights violations by arbitrarily detaining, torturing, sexually assaulting, and attempting against the lives of the protesters.
Among the people who were victims of this day, was the journalist Cecilia Solís, who was hit by a bullet in one of her legs. Cecilia’s case was not the only one, several people were injured by the detonated bullets. After the events, the victims were not helped by authorities and had to flee on their own, reports the Mexican Commission for the Defense and Promotion of Human Rights.
On February 9 of this year, the journalist also intervened in one of the mornings, pointing out the ignorance that has been made by the authorities. Today, 9 months after this intervention, the journalist affirms that she continues to be harassed through networks and in her personal spaces for seeking justice after the events that occurred last year.
“Until today, the victims do not have justice, we have not been able to access justice, everything has been a simulation by the state, by the state attorney general’s office. They have made a mess of the folder, after you ordered it, Conavim was with us, it was possible to move forward but from there it has turned back ”.
In addition to this, the victims affirm that the authorities have not carried out the due processes, releasing various figures and members of the police forces.
They detained two former Cancun police chiefs for the repression in November’s feminist march Recall student feminicide and police repression in the Mexican Caribbean Feminists march in Mexico to demand an end to police repression