The femicide Pablo Cuchán will regain his freedom next Sunday
The femicide Pablo Víctor Cuchán (42) will leave the Saavedra Penal Unit and will regain his freedom next Sunday, upon serving the 17-year prison sentence imposed on him for having dismembered and burned a 15-year-old adolescent in his home in the Buenos Aires town of Ingeniero White.
The crime of Luciana Moretti, with whom Cuchán was romantically involved, occurred on October 16, 2004. Her body was discovered nine days later, dismembered and cremated on the grill of the convict’s home. During the raid, investigators found the three blades allegedly used in the murder and the bags of firewood with which the fire was set, which tried to hide the body.
The investigation also determined that, after being burned, the girl’s remains were thrown in the courtyard of Cuchán’s house, located in Juan Valle at 3600, in a junkyard and in an open field.
The femicide was sentenced on July 16, 2007 to 17 years in prison. After serving most of the sentence (two-thirds) and claiming good conduct, the Justice granted him conditional release in 2016.
To enjoy this benefit, Cuchán had to comply with several rules, including not consuming alcohol or drugs, setting an address, not being absent without notice for more than 24 hours, getting a job, and appearing in court every 15 days. However, in the following years he was involved in other criminal acts.
In 2017 he made news again for a new complaint of gender violence made by what was then his partner, a municipal employee of Monte Hermoso. A year later, Cuchán opened an account to find a partner on the social network Tinder.
Cuchán made headlines in 2018 when an account was opened on the social network Tinder
In 2019, Cuchán tried to abuse a young woman in a car, who threw herself into the street when she tried to kiss her. According to this investigation, the man continued to march and crashed, after which he was detained by the Police and refused to be subjected to the rigorous alcohol and toxicological tests.
Prosecutor Marcelo Romero Jardín considered that he violated the conditions of probation and made a request for his arrest that was later ordered by the judges of the Oral Criminal Court of Bahía Blanca, Ricardo Gutiérrez, Christian Yesari and Hugo Adrián De Rosa.
Cuchán was thus transferred to the Saavedra Penal Unit, where he continued to be detained to serve the 17 years in prison that will be served on Sunday.
Pablo Cuchán after the arrest in Bahía Blanca
The man’s lawyer, Maximiliano De Mira, reported that as of the weekend “he could not have any regulation or control by the State.” “Having completed the entire sentence, he will have to lead his normal life,” said the lawyer, stating that Cuchán “may live anywhere.”
Meanwhile, the lawyer for the Moretti family, Juan Ignacio Vitalini, said that “the family has decided to rebuild its life some time ago, knowing that this would recur on this date.”
“He has already served his sentence for society based on the sentence he had been given at that time,” he added.
“It can’t be done like this anymore”: the residents of Rosario march after the architect’s crime The video of the worker who captured a thief, hanged him and gave him a sermon: “You call your mother, don’t do this” Crime of the architect in Rosario : They offer a reward of one million pesos for those who give information Delivery dealers undressed a thief who tried to assault a woman with a toy gun